RoverTalk with Paul Archibald
Category : Uncategorised
- I have always supported Celtic.
- Probably around the age of 5 or 6 when I started playing for a team.
- – I think my strengths are my pace and my ability to take players on. My main weakness would have to be the physical side of the game. My right foot isn’t very good either!
- I’d only ever played at boys club level before signing for Albion Rovers. The two teams I played for were Glenboig United and most recently Albion Rovers Under 19’s.
- Right now I don’t have any pre-match superstitions but I’m sure I’ll develop some as I get older.
- Normally I’d just have toast or if it’s a Tuesday night game I’d have pasta.
Best player you’ve played with and against?
It’s hard to pick a best player because since I’ve joined the squad all the guys have been brilliant. The best player I’ve played against has got to be El Bakhtaoui from Dunfermline.
Most embarrassing moment in a match?
- The only one I can think of is against Forfar in February when I tripped over my own feet and fell flat on my face with no-one around me. They even managed to fit it into the match highlights.
Best chant you’ve ever heard?
- There’s none that spring to mind
- To be honest I’ve not really thought about that yet, I’d just like to concentrate on my playing career for now.
Who is the best player in training?
- Ross Dunlop
Who moans the most in the squad?
- That has to be Ally Love but I think that’s just because he loves to win – which is good.
Who is the joker in the squad?
- Gary Fisher or Ally Love – they always have something to say.
Funniest dressing room prank?
- There hasn’t been many but in my first game as a trialist, John Gemmell told me that the boss wanted a word with me out on the pitch. After 5 minutes of standing in the centre circle on my own, Tony came out only to tell me that Gemmell was winding me up and Darren never wanted to speak to at all – which was quite embarrassing at the time however I see the funny side now.
- In five years time I’d like to be playing football on a full-time basis.