Under 20’s Head Coach Vacancy
Category : Latest News
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the coaching staff at Albion Rovers and take charge of the club’s newly established under 20’s squad.
Following on from a number of the club’s under 19 community side stepping up to the first team squad last season and one being awarded a contract in January, we now wish to take the development of our players to the next level.
Working closely with the first team staff this is a voluntary role that would suit someone looking to coach and develop at a senior football club.
The head coach will be responsible for the newly established under 20 development team. This team has been established on the back of the success of the club’s under 19 community side last season.
- Recruitment and identification of players.
- Team selection incorporating players coming in from 1st team squad.
- Liaising with the 1st team management team.
- Construction and evaluation of a training programme that will prepare the players for the step to first team football.
- Regular player meetings to set targets and identify areas of development.
- Establish a code of conduct similar to that of the 1st team squad and promote self and team discipline at all times.
- UEFA B licence (Elite Youth A licence or UEFA A licence desirable)
- Previous coaching experience at youth or senior level.
- Able to communicate and present effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- A desire to put the needs of the players before your own,
Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 24th June 2016.